Spirit Quest Course

This blog has essays from the Spirit Quest course offered through the Universal Life Church Seminary. The course is 30 weeks long and will change your life.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lesson 9 ~ Metaphysics Spirit Quest ~ Essay

Lesson 9 ~ Metaphysics Spirit Quest ~ Competition ~ Essay

By:  Rev. Trent Murman

 

Your other big job this week is to notice loneliness. Notice your own and notice someone else's too. Find at least 3 people to send a hello to. You never know how you will affect someone's life. By giving someone a hello, you may be the one to feel less lonely, which may save them as a being. You never know.  This was accomplished through persistence.  The first two contacts were rather easy, they were long lost friends that I keep in contact with periodically, I am sure you know what I mean, the yearly Christmas card, birth of a new family member or graduation from high school or college or one of our children.  It is good to have these contacts but there is a definite advantage to keeping in closer touch with them.   I think they genuinely were surprised at the contact, especially since there was not a major event in either of our lives taking place.  The third contact was a little bit more difficult.  During this effort I had contacted the person initially via text message (thank goodness for modern technology) and there was no response.  I do realize people are busy and may not respond in a timely manner.  So, after a few days I resorted to an email and then another one.  After about the third attempt at contact I finally got a response from them.  The response was "well aren't you tenacious".  I told him about my plight to keep our friendship alive and closer that the "holiday" kind and he did agree.  We had a very informative reunion first by email then via phone.  I believe it was uplifting for both of us with a promise at the end to keep the lines of communication open and definitely more often than just on the holiday schedule.  I sincerely did feel better after communicating with these persons and yes it did seem to fill a part of that loneliness that may happen when a friendship tends to fall to the wayside.  It's a good idea to not let this happen in the first place.  GO IN PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment